List:       tini
Subject:    Re: [TINI] Can't turn on DTR and RTS on serial0
From:       "John Wilson" <tug () wilson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-09-27 21:41:58

----- Original Message -----
From: <twenisch@apcc.com>
To: <tini@dalsemi.com>
Sent: 27 September 2000 21:29
Subject: [TINI] Can't turn on DTR and RTS on serial0

> Hey all,
>
>      I am trying to talk to an external device using the serial0 port on
> the TINI board.  The external device won't pay any attention to its serial
> port unless I assert DTR and RTS on the TINI.  For some reason, I can't
> turn on either of these pins using the methods in javax.comm.SerialPort or
> com.dalsemi.comm.TINISerialPort.
>
>      My data is being sent to the external device (I can see the data
going
> back and forth on my port sniffer) but, unless I can bring up RTS and DTR,
> the device won't listen.  Are these pins simply not wired, or not
supported
> on serial0?  Do any of the other serial ports support these methods?

These lines are not supported by the serial ports on the TINI.

Systronix http://www.systronix.com have some hardware products in the
pipeline which provide serial ports with modem control signal support. (but
Bruce will be along in a minute to tell you this ;)))

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
5 Market Hill, Whitchurch, Aylesbury, Bucks HP22 4JB, UK
+44 1296 641072, +44 7976 611010(mobile), +44 1296 641874(fax)