List:       tini
Subject:    Re: [TINI] (possible resend) '390 questions
From:       Don Loomis <don.loomis () dalsemi ! com>
Date:       2000-01-28 21:19:45

From the desk of AHG

>   Third, is the behavior of the TINI boot-loader documented anywhere?
> I'd prefer not to try to rewrite that, for obvious reasons (at least
> until I can afford to start turning TINIs into not-very-effective
> paper-weights). Specifically, what does the 'e' command do (does it
> try to do some validation of the image and find an entry point to
> call, or does it simply blindly jump to a hardcoded address)?

The Loader resides in bank 0 of the Flash Memory (starting at address 0
of the '390 code space). It occupies just under 4K bytes.
Shortly after reset it copies itself to the '390 internal RAM starting
at 400000H.
At the moment it does not guard against an attempted load of a hex file
to the internal RAM and would rapidly crash if one was attempted.
The 'E' command places the '390 in 24-bit contiguous mode and blindly
jumps to a hardcoded address, namely 010000H.
The loader runs in 24-bit paged mode and uses no interrupts. All
interrupt vectors are redirected to bank 1 of the Flash in 24-bit
contiguous mode.