List:       tini
Subject:    Data over AC power lines (Was: Re: [TINI] RF modules...)
From:       Brett Hackleman <brhackle () eos ! ncsu ! edu>
Date:       2000-01-26 15:56:16

Does anyone have any information on modules or circuits that allow
transfer of data over existing AC power lines?  I am aware of several
devices that provide a telephone-extension or psuedo 10baseT network
over these lines, but these are a bit overkill for my application (and
expensive).  And X10 is a bit slow (and unrelible).

All I need is RS-232 type behavior, no faster than 9600bps.

TIA,

Brett