List:       timekeepers
Subject:    Re: [Pool] Cannot add server to pool: (Your server is in stratum )
From:       Gonçal_Badenes <Goncal.Badenes () icfo ! eu>
Date:       2016-05-27 15:23:19

Hi, everyone!

I have managed to locate and solve the problem and, as promised, here goes =
the summary of the problem and solution.

The problem boiled down to a router misconfiguration in the border between =
two of our upstream Autonomous Systems. Although most connections were work=
ing fine, whenever a connection was hitting that particular combination of =
ASs it was dropped.
Thanks to the different data points I gathered thanks to you guys in the li=
st and to the possibility of using RIPE Atlas to carry out measurements fro=
m all over the world I could manage to pinpoint the specific location of th=
e problem and to escalate it to the carriers involved. Their response was q=
uick and now the problem is solved.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. I really appreciate it!

Best regards,

      Gon=E7al