List:       thttpd
Subject:    Re: [THTTPD] No log files created
From:       Rich Shepard <rshepard () appl-ecosys ! com>
Date:       2004-08-08 21:43:44

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 cpghost@cordula.ws wrote:

> * Are you running thttpd in a chroot() environment?

  I'm supposed to be, but I cannot tell for sure since so much else is not
working as expected.

> * Are the permissions of the directories okay?

  Well, /usr/local/www/ is owned by root.root and has owner write
permission. However, logs/ is owned by httpd.httpd and did not have world
writable permission. I just changed that. Thanks.

  Is there something in the docs that I missed reading that tells me what
permissions are supposed to be for various directories? I've installed
thttpd to run a single application, sql-ledger, and have so far failed to
get the two to play nicely together. Perhaps this change in permissions will
eliminate one problem.

Many thanks,

Rich

--