List:       thttpd
Subject:    [THTTPD] UNSUBSCRIBE
From:       "Vanchau Nguyen" <vanchau () ezboard ! com>
Date:       2002-06-05 17:27:20

GET ME OFF THIS LIST!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: thttpd-errors@bomb.acme.com [mailto:thttpd-errors@bomb.acme.com]On
Behalf Of rik
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:16 AM
To: thttpd@bomb.acme.com
Subject: Re: [THTTPD] 300% performance increase for thttpd on Linux

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 10:10:27AM +0200, Sascha Schumann wrote:
>     performance on Linux by 300% by carefully integrating
>     real-time signal queue handling.  This requires no changes to

Where has this performance increase come from? From the text above, it
appears to be just improvements in the Linux process scheduler, and
making use of it, rather than letting it just schedule your processes as
normal. Rereading the emails you sent, you don't actually specifically
mention that you are going to want a kernel module adding in/compiling
or something similar, but either my spidey senses or the force are
telling me.

If you can get a 300% increase my simply abusing the scheduler
differently, then firstly, you've got some respect from me, due to
having accomplished it, but secondly, there shouldn't be that much of an
improvement available from the scheduler.

I think I'll stick with my FreeBSD systems.
--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F