List:       thttpd
Subject:    Re: [THTTPD] limit thttpd to a set of ip addresses
From:       Jef Poskanzer <jef () acme ! com>
Date:       2002-06-02 4:02:30

>Run a single thttpd process per IP address.  Jef and I have had this
>conversation a few times, and I don't think either of us could prove
>one way or another that the complexity involved in doing more-than-one
>yet less-than-INADDR_ANY in a single process would be worth it.

Most of the complexity is already there, because IPv4 and IPv6 need
separate listen sockets.  Switching from 1 or 2 fds to an array
of N fds would be about the same complexity.  Having the -h flag
add to an array instead of throwing an error on hostname #2 would
also be about the same complexity.  Is there anything else?
---
Jef

         Jef Poskanzer  jef@acme.com  http://www.acme.com/jef/