List:       thttpd
Subject:    Re: [THTTPD] thttpd on Virtual Servers
From:       Philip Mak <pmak0 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-14 18:48:41

I don't think that MaxClients is the problem here. Even when I run a
thttpd that's up on a test port, not serving any connections except my
test connection, it won't work properly.

Here's an example attempt to download a file (using wget) from thttpd:

[pmak@sg1 pmak]$ wget
http://www.animewallpapers.com:8081/wallpapers/amg/amg_01_1024.jpg
--14:33:11--
http://www.animewallpapers.com:8081/wallpapers/amg/amg_01_1024.jpg
           => `amg_01_1024.jpg'
Connecting to www.animewallpapers.com:8081... connected!
Length: 142,994 [image/jpeg]

    0K -> .                                                      [  1%]

14:33:11 (1.74 MB/s) - Connection closed at byte 1823. Retrying.

--14:33:12--
http://www.animewallpapers.com:8081/wallpapers/amg/amg_01_1024.jpg
  (try: 2) => `amg_01_1024.jpg'
Connecting to www.animewallpapers.com:8081... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 206 Partial Content
Length: 142,994 (141,171 to go) [image/jpeg]

    0K -> ,..                                                    [  2%]

14:33:12 (1.69 MB/s) - Connection closed at byte 3592. Retrying.

The technical support at my webhost said that he thinks it gets messed
up when thttpd is forced into a "sbwait" state, but didn't provide any
other help.

> How long does such a sleep take? thttpd uses timeouts for stale
> connections. When the sleep lasts several seconds, thttpd may think
all
> connections are stale and closes them.

I don't think that's causing the problem here. The above "wget" session
happened in a split second, not several seconds.

Anyone else have any ideas? I think the first step to tackling this
problem would be to figure out *why* it's disconnecting prematurely. Is
there a place where I could insert some debug code to find out the
error code that it's returning or something?