List:       thttpd
Subject:    Re: [THTTPD] Problem with thttpd!
From:       "A.D.F." <adefacc () tin ! it>
Date:       2001-08-03 13:18:30

Sanjay Kumar wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I am new to thttpd. I have the following problems!
>
> I have few html pages and jar files in a configured web-directory i.e
> /usr/local/www/webdata has all the html and jar files.
> This configuration is working with apache. But when i try to run the
> thttpd web-server, i get the following error.
>
> It says SomeClass.class not found in browser. I tried to analyze this
> stuff with packet sniffer. I found the following things:-
> It gets the Ist page but for all other page refrrred by main page , it
> gives 304 Not Modified error. Also for jar files , server gives 403
> error?
> I am unable to understand this problem?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks
> Sanjay

1) Check for correct system time of your server and your clients,
   after you have adjusted system time you may want to reboot them.

2) Update modification time of all data files (i.e. *.jar, etc.)
   managed by thttpd, so that they can be compared as newer than
   any other previous request.

3) Well, if you search for string "err403" in file libhttpd.c you will
find
   why this can happen.

   Most common case is that those files (*.jar, ecc.) are not word
readable;
   so check permissions with:

	ls -l

   and see if they are rw-r--r--

   if not change them with:

	chmod 644 *

4) Last resource is to wait for better hints.

		Bye.

				A.D.F.