List:       thin
Subject:    [THIN] W2K8 & smartcards over RDP
From:       Steve Snyder <kwajalein () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-18 11:18:10

Have two W2K8 terminal servers (no citrix) neither which I setup so I don't
know if/what tweaking may or may not have occured. Anyway, smart card
authentication over RDP works, for a few days, then it goes into lala land;
user just sees "Reading smart card" forever. Logon with username/password,
bring up activclient (6.2) - same thing, reading smart card forever. Reboot
and all is well again, for a few days.

I'm perusing logs and will fire up procmon, just wondering if anyone has
oberved this and if so, is there a fix beyond a nightly reboot?

Never saw this before with W2K3, but then again, I reboot them every night.