List:       thin
Subject:    [THIN] Re: SAP frontend did not start within 60 seconds error  vi a  remote access
From:       darrin.gonchar () pseg ! com
Date:       2001-06-30 13:45:49

Ken,

Thanks so much for your help, this was a strange problem.  Once I put
the SAPWorkDir in default users directory in the profile, my users
login time in remote access went from like 1:45 to launch the sap app
down to 25 seconds.  It also seems to speed up LAN connected access
as well.

It seems like the gui looks for this directory, if it does not exist
it waits for almost 60 seconds on the front.exe.

Darrin Gonchar
IT Architect, PSEG

--- In thin@y..., Ken Gates <kgates@k...> wrote:
> Some of our users were having this problem even over LAN
connections.  We
> found that the users who were having the problem didn't have a
SAPWorkDir

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/