List:       thin
Subject:    Re: [THIN] W2K Question
From:       "Phillip Newberry" <phillipn () pc-assistance ! com>
Date:       2001-06-29 16:11:42

That is a good discription.  Thank you

Phillip Newberry
CNA, MCSE, MCP+IIS, CET
Network Technician
PC Assistance Inc.
e-mail: phillipn@pc-assistance.com
Web: http://www.pc-assistance.com

> > > cturner@phx1.bcbsaz.com 12:03:32 pm Friday, June 29, 2001 >>>
Yes.. Because when you ran DCpromo and converted your AD enabled machine to a \
Standalone server you started over again in all aspects of security. I even lost \
Shares. The solution resides in how many accounts. I had 200.. I sat down with 3 \
other guys and we added them back in about an hour. We lost an hour. I would have \
spent twice that calling MS or searching for a way to get the accounts back.. From \
now on I always get a good backup before I install AD. That way if I have to go back \
I can just run the tape after I demote. This worked for me last week on this \
Metaframe box.. I could never get the Policies to take effect so I went back..

Clark

> > > phillipn@pc-assistance.com 6/29/2001 8:54:41 AM >>>
What about all the other accounts.  All our Accounts are missing except Administrator \
and guest.

Phillip Newberry
CNA, MCSE, MCP+IIS, CET
Network Technician
PC Assistance Inc.
e-mail: phillipn@pc-assistance.com
Web: http://www.pc-assistance.com

> > > cturner@phx1.bcbsaz.com 11:48:33 am Friday, June 29, 2001 >>>

Oh.. By the way.. the accounts you need to add back are:

IUSR_machinename    (internet guest account)
IWAM_machinename  (Launch IIC proccess Account)

Not sure about the settings but it says Password never expires..

Clark

> > > phillipn@pc-assistance.com 6/29/2001 8:39:54 AM >>>
We have a web server that is Windows 2000 with IIS installed.  We removed Active \
directory and now we are having problems with IIS.  Any ideas?

Phillip Newberry
CNA, MCSE, MCP+IIS, CET
Network Technician
PC Assistance Inc.
e-mail: phillipn@pc-assistance.com
Web: http://www.pc-assistance.com

To Unsubscribe from this list send an email to:
Archives and Resources are at: http://thethin.net

The information in this E-mail message is confidential and for
the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this information
is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately.  Blue Cross and
Blue Shield of Arizona, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates
are not responsible for errors, omissions or personal comments
in this E-mail message.