List:       theora
Subject:    Re: [theora] Impossible to encode this file in sync
From:       xiphmont () xiph ! org
Date:       2010-03-02 12:49:55

> Doesn't ffmpeg2theora just ignore the delay between video and audio?

If so, that would explain the problem 100%.

> In
> that case, it would be noticeable only for high values (a delay of 80ms
> is quite hard to detect by an human).

Depends--- undetectable if the video leads the audio.  Noticeable if
the video lags.

> I don't have "y4oi" package on my distribution (ubuntu), what does this
> tool do?

y4oi is in xiph.org SVN, currently all it does is take a raw unsynced
y4o stream (eg, one dumped from mplayer) and syncs it for encoding.  I
use it to automatically deal with A/V offsets, broken DVDs and VFR
codecs like WMV.

Monty