List:       theora
Subject:    Re: [theora] Video Comparison
From:       dos386 <dos386 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-31 10:49:56

> but most endusers that I have shown the videos, say that there is no difference
> between them. And that is what counts in the end.

Good :-)

> I will, if I find some time (ogg video tools 0.8a is on the way - with
> installers for mac and windows)

Consider 7-ZIP archives also ;-)

> I am actually testing resizing algorithms, what I experienced is,
> that the resizing is a real quality issue

This is "deliberate" ...

> do you use the resizer from ffmpeg?

No. Lanczos is usually the best, but for this purpose I'd suggest [bi]linear
(+ non-integer factor >2) because it blurs more and better removes the artifacts
from previous lossy codec making equal chances for the test competitors :-)

--