List:       textbook-l
Subject:    [Textbook-l] Re: Wikipedia may provide books made with different perspectives input, whilst others c
From:       Daniel Mayer <maveric149 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-06-30 6:37:48

Toby wrote:
>But anyway, I doubt that DPOV
>will ever be written up. Jimmy invented
>NPOV, and he says that NPOV includes
>what mav wants.
>
>If anything happens, it's that [[NPOV]]
>will have to be clarified. But since Jimmy
>also keeps agreeing with my
>intepretations of it, I see no risk that
>any such clarification will threaten your
>book. The only alternative is that Jimmy's
>opinions are incoherent, but nobody is
>arguing that.

Yep - all I ever really wanted was to clarify NPOV to suit the needs of
textbooks (to give it a new framework or focus to work in - I mistakingly
called that "POV"). I was just trying to be clear by giving it a new name but
Jimbo has convinced me that the needed changes are not drastic enough to
warrent a new name. It will just be the "textbook's version of NPOV."

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)