List:       textbook-l
Subject:    [Textbook-l] Focus people! :-) (was Re: Textbooks)
From:       Daniel Mayer <maveric149 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-06-26 9:45:45

Toby wrote:
>The text in [[en:Wikipedia:Neutral point of view]]
>of course must be changed, since it refers to a
>comprehensive encyclopaedia on everything.
>But this is /context/, not the /essence/ of NPOV.

That's the only thing I wanted to change, yes (well, that and some refactoring
of the text to make it more readable). The reason I called it something
different is so that people won't get confused between the
comprehensive-based NPOV used in Wikipedia and a more focused-based NPOV
needed for textbooks. This is especially important because the Wikipedia
implementation of NPOV often tends to result in articles that have everything
in them but the kitchen sink ([[abortion]] for example is mostly about the
controversy and history with relatively little by the way of explaining the
various medical procedures).

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)