List:       tendrl-devel
Subject:    [Tendrl-devel] extaneous port in tendrl firewall setup wikipage
From:       Martin Bukatovic <mbukatov () redhat ! com>
Date:       2018-03-01 16:19:51

Dear all,

I was reviewing firewall setup on the wiki:

https://github.com/Tendrl/documentation/wiki/Tendrl-firewall-settings

and noticed we suggest to open port for tendrl-api there:

> tendrl-api : 9292/tcp

Since tendrl api is available via standard http port, which is
implemented in our apache config:

  # The requests to /api/ will all be forwarded to the tendrl-api
  # application.
  ProxyPass "/api" http://127.0.0.1:9292/
  ProxyPassReverse "/api" http://127.0.0.1:9292/

(from /etc/httpd/conf.d/tendrl.conf)

I have removed the tendrl-api port from the firewall setup wikipage
and will not open this port in tendrl-ansible firewall setup.

I'm sending this email just to let you know, as we should access
tendrl-api through the normal http port and not through the internal
port.

--
Martin Bukatovic
USM QE team