List:       tellico-users
Subject:    Re: Using Tellico do make a website
From:       José_Marcio_Martins_da_Cruz <jose.marcio.mc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-02-22 16:58:02

On 2/22/24 17:40, Eric wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started using Tellico (among others) to classify videos and podcasts on the internet using \
> a field for URLs.

That's simpler.

When I go to a bookstore, sometimes I need to check if a book I'm thinking to buy I don't have \
it already... ;-) So, the  web pages need to be consultable in a smartphone.

> I also thought to write a script to use the data saved in Tellico (probably in CSV) to \
> generate a static website.... :)

A static site is better and easier to do. The only reason to use a CMS software is to be able \
to render in a smartphone  display.

The interest of directly use the *.tc file instead of csv dump is that you don't need to do \
manual operations like  launching tellico, dumping it and launching an external script to do \
the job. If it's ok for you, why not ?