--000000000000c8be8d06066b8510 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Thanks for the flatpak feedback. On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 10:47=E2=80=AFPM Cliff Bar wrot= e: > Somewhere I stumbled across the info that you're relatively new to > packaging Tellico via Flatpak. I installed the Flatpak so I can use > the latest version and I have some information on Tellico-as-Flatpak > behavior that you might want to document somewhere. > Yeah, I don't actually use it and am not familiar with packaging options or approaches, so the feedback is helpful. > The xdg-desktop-portal file chooser rightly sandboxes file accesses. > Tellico files that I save/open show (in the Tellico Recent list) that > they're stored in /run/user/$UID/doc/<7 or 8 lowercase hex > chars>/FILENAME > > This works great for self-contained Tellico files. > > But the file sandboxing means that if I set or change the Tellico > Image Storage Options to "Store images in directory relative to data > file", Flatpak's sandbox disallows the image writes and Tellico throws > errors left and right. It might be helpful if you could detect that > condition (running in Flatpak without an override like below) and fail > gracefully. > > I resolved this by using a Flatpak override mechanism to "open up" the > specific directory to Tellico. > > sudo flatpak override org.kde.tellico > --filesystem=3D/home/$USER/PATH/TO/DIRECTORY > At one point, I was trying to add --filesystem=3Dhost to the build, https://github.com/flathub/org.kde.tellico/pull/12, but I'm not sure if that would accomplish the same thing or not. Flathub said it wasn't necessary. > I hope this helps you and future users! > Definitely, thanks! Robby --000000000000c8be8d06066b8510 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Thanks for the flatpak feedback.
Somewhere I stumbled across the info that you'= re relatively new to
packaging Tellico via Flatpak. I installed the Flatpak so I can use
the latest version and I have some information on Tellico-as-Flatpak
behavior that you might want to document somewhere.
Yeah, I don't actually use it and am not familiar with pac= kaging options or approaches, so the feedback is helpful.
=C2=A0<= /div>
The xdg-desktop-portal file chooser rightly sandboxes file accesses.
Tellico files that I save/open show (in the Tellico Recent list) that
they're stored in /run/user/$UID/doc/<7 or 8 lowercase hex
chars>/FILENAME

This works great for self-contained Tellico files.

But the file sandboxing means that if I set or change the Tellico
Image Storage Options to "Store images in directory relative to data file", Flatpak's sandbox disallows the image writes and Tellico th= rows
errors left and right. It might be helpful if you could detect that
condition (running in Flatpak without an override like below) and fail
gracefully.

I resolved this by using a Flatpak override mechanism to "open up"= ; the
specific directory to Tellico.

=C2=A0 =C2=A0 sudo flatpak override org.kde.tellico
--filesystem=3D/home/$USER/PATH/TO/DIRECTORY

At one point, I was trying to add --filesystem=3Dhost to the build,= =C2=A0https:= //github.com/flathub/org.kde.tellico/pull/12, but I'm not sure if t= hat would accomplish the same thing or not. Flathub said it wasn't nece= ssary.
=C2=A0
I hope this helps you and future users!

=
Definitely, thanks!