List:       tcpreplay-users
Subject:    Re: [Tcpreplay-users] tcpreplay cache option vs mem size
From:       Aaron Turner <synfinatic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-18 16:01:12

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Geoff <gyoung3@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering how the cache option, -K, works when the pcap is larger than
> ram - I'm not seeing any errors and the pcap is playing. Does it just ignore
> the option?

Depends on how much swap you have.  Basically it'll keep trying to
allocate memory for caching until malloc() fails and then it will
exit.

> I have 48g of memory and trying a 70g pcap, really just to see what happens.
> this is on ubuntu 9.10 64bit
>
> also are there any useful commands to see how many pps the pcap is sending?

Stats are done at the end of execution.  currently there is no option
to cause it to display stats during the run... sounds useful though, I
should add it.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/