List:       tcpreplay-users
Subject:    Re: [Tcpreplay-users] problem with tcprewrite
From:       "Aaron Turner" <synfinatic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-09 1:00:06

Your problem is that source pcap is DLT_LINUX_SSL and is not a
supported DLT type for editing in tcprewrite.   Try converting to
DLT_EN10MB (ethernet).  The manual has more information on how to do
this:

http://tcpreplay.synfin.net/trac/wiki/tcprewrite#RewritingLayer2

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:35 PM,  <pauljdavis@verizon.net> wrote:
> I was trying the change the source ethernet mac address for a pcap file
> containing G.729 and tone relay packets. Here is the command and resulting
> error:
>
> tcprewrite --enet-smac=00:e0:18:39:78:86 --infile=trpTestlsi3.pcap
> --outfile=rewriteTrpTestlsi3.pcap
>
> Fatal Error: From ./plugins/dlt_linuxsll/linuxsll.c:dlt_linuxsll_encode()
> line 223:
> DLT_LINUX_SLL plugin does not support packet encoding
>
> I have attached the pcap file for refernce. Any idea what I am doing wrong.
> I get the same error if I use the portmap option.

Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.  -- Benjamin Franklin