List:       tcpdump-workers
Subject:    [tcpdump-workers] Re: libsmi configure test improvement
From:       Assar Westerlund <assar () sics ! se>
Date:       2000-06-27 23:25:52

Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> writes:
> This is not the first call of AC_TRY_RUN in configure.in. Once all the
> other calls of AC_TRY_RUN have gone and there is strong agreement that
> cross-compilation is indeed important, then I am willing to rewrite
> the smi test.

Cross-compilation is important, watch the changes that Chris Dem sent
it for that.  I'm not picking on you in particular, I'm just trying to
understand why we have the TRY_RUNs we do have in configure.in.

> [I am slowly getting tired of these "wouldn't it be nice if we were
>  living in a better world" reactions whenever someone submits a
>  patch. Is this the right way to keep an open source project moving
>  forward?]

That's probably me.  :-)  I'm sorry if I get across the wrong way.  I
do, of course, appreciate it when people send in patches that makes
things work better.  But I tend to try to think of how we can make the
world an even better place and how to try to do that.  Sorry again if
I sounded bitter or non-grateful.

/assar
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html