List:       tcpdump-workers
Subject:    Re: [tcpdump-workers] [libpcap] fix typo on manpage install (#320)
From:       Guy Harris <guy () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2013-09-24 16:14:22

On Sep 24, 2013, at 6:44 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ca> wrote:

> We can support very old systems today, although some of them get little
> testing.  Upgrading tcpdump from source code is on a really old system
> (that can not be replaced...) in order to diagnose what went wrong is a
> common occurance.

And note that Bill Fenner changed tcpdump, a while ago, to somewhat decouple it from \
its corresponding libpcap version, allowing current versions of tcpdump to be \
installed on systems with older versions of libpcap; most of the platform support \
issues are with libpcap rather than tcpdump, so, even if we drop support for some \
platforms in libpcap at some point, that, by itself, wouldn't mean tcpdump would stop \
tcpdump-workers mailing list
tcpdump-workers@lists.tcpdump.org