List:       tcpdump-workers
Subject:    Re: [tcpdump-workers] libpcap linux mmap patch
From:       Guy Harris <guy () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2008-02-02 19:42:22

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth wrote:

> Bad news...
> I've also tested it on debian etch (kernel 2.6.22-2-686).
> Unfortunately, the same patch seems to cause some displacement of the
> frames, starting with the first captured frame, when using the "any"
> interface.

So by "the same patch" are you referring to Paolo's patch to add mmap
functionality, rather than to your bug-fix patch?  (That patch looks
like a typo fix, to make the macro use its parameter rather than some
other variable, so I wouldn't expect it to introduce a problem.)
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.