List:       tcpdump-workers
Subject:    [tcpdump-workers] supporting extend 'open live capture' parametes
From:       "Abeni Paolo" <paolo.abeni () telecomitalia ! it>
Date:       2008-01-21 11:50:01

hello,

I'm sorry for the long delay into posting something on the subject, but I'm currently \
pretty busy with my work and spare time is lacking. Anyway I tried to implements some \
of the idea discussed in the previous posts, and here is the result. I tried to post \
the patch on the mailing list, but the post was deferred due to its size, so you can \
find the patch in the sourceforge resurces:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=53067&atid=469579&file_id=263143&aid=1876408

This is just a showcase, since I modified only the Linux related files, do not \
perform any testing (beside compiling it on my host) and there is no \
pcap_get_capability for now; the idea is to have the 'activete()' method to set \
proper fields (for supported extended option) into the struct pcap after the capture \
is activated. The whole thing is more than a bit intrusive since near every file \
needs to be modified, but it lead to a lot duplicated code removal.

Any comments are as usual very welcome.

cheers,

Paolo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may \
contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be \
informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it \
immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, \
please contact us by replying to webmaster@telecomitalia.it.

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it