List:       tcpdump-workers
Subject:    Re: [tcpdump-workers] gettimeofday() on Win32
From:       Guy Harris <guy () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2005-12-05 21:45:46

(Blah blah blah wrong from address blah blah blah defeat duplicate
message detection blah blah blah blah.)

On Dec 3, 2005, at 8:07 AM, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> The recent (?) -G option requires gettimeofday() which isn't
> available on Win32. Attached is a patch to util.c which adds this
> function.

It doesn't need gettimeofday(); time() is sufficient - and if that's
available on Win32, that's a simpler fix.  (Even if it's *not*
available, it's simpler, as you don't have to extract the seconds
part of the timeval structure, and don't have to fill it in on Win32.)

I've checked in a change to make it use time(); we use time()
elsewhere, so I assume it's available on Win32.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.