List:       tcpdump-workers
Subject:    Re: [tcpdump-workers] Buffer size question
From:       Ed Maste <emaste () phaedrus ! sandvine ! ca>
Date:       2004-10-19 1:49:43

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 04:37:41PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:

> Including such an argument at the time the new API is introduced
> obviously doesn't introduce compatibility issues for that API. :-)
> (I'm actually thinking of an attribute/value list for various open
> options in the API, so that additional "arguments" can be introduced as
> desired without requiring API changes.)

I think that's a great idea.  The promisc option could then use the
same method.  Bruce Simpson posted (here and to freebsd-net) a patch to
add an ioctl to control timestamp behaviour which would also be
nicely handled with an attribute/value list scheme.

Ed Maste
Sandvine Inc.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.