List:       tccc
Subject:    [Tccc] post-doctoral research position Telecom Bretagne (Rennes) - Optimization, Multimedia and Netw
From:       Gwendal Simon <gwendal.simon () telecom-bretagne ! eu>
Date:       2012-10-30 22:45:01

Post-doctoral research position
Fixed-term, renewable 12-month contract

The "Network & Multimedia" department at Telecom Bretagne has an opening fo=
r one postdoctoral research fellow in the field of computer networking and =
operations research. The position can start on January 1st, 2013, with the =
possibility of being renewed for a maximum duration of three years.

This research team consists of one Associate-Professor and four PhD student=
s. Knowledge of French is not required, the team welcomes students from all=
 over the planet. The line of research is the design of large-scale deliver=
y architectures for video streaming and gaming. We would like to reinforce =
our current works on discrete optimization, so we are looking for a researc=
her who can bring expertise into the modeling and the analysis of optimizat=
ion problems. More about this research team:
http://perso.telecom-bretagne.eu/gwendalsimon/

Telecom Bretagne is one of the most prestigious "grandes =E9coles" in Franc=
e. The lab is located at Rennes, which is the capital city of Britanny, in =
the western part of France. It is easy to reach thanks to the high-speed tr=
ain line to Paris. Rennes is a lively city and a major center for higher ed=
ucation and research. In my biased opinion, the Network & Multimedia depart=
ment at Telecom Bretagne is an enjoyable place to work at.

Requirements:

- a PhD degree (or be near completion) on Computer Science, Networks, Opera=
tions Research or a related discipline.
- demonstrated capacity to conduct research on formal optimization in the f=
ield of networking or computer science
- experience with CPLEX or another generic solver of Integer linear program=
s would be appreciated

Type of job offer:

- fixed-term, 12-month contract (possibility of renewal for a maximum, tota=
l duration of three years).
- expected starting date: January, 2013
- salary: starting at 2,1000 =80/month after tax, depending on qualificatio=
ns. Such salary enables a quite good quality of life at Rennes

How to apply:

Candidates must send their application by e-mail to: gwendal.simon@telecom-=
bretagne.eu

The application must contain:
- a statement of purpose / application letter
- a detailed CV
- a full list of publications
- contact information of two reference persons (name, current position, rel=
ation to the candidate, phone and email)

--
Gwendal SIMON, PhD
Associate-Professor