List:       taskjuggler-devel
Subject:    Re: [taskjuggler-devel] *** Request via TaskJuggler Web Site ***
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () suse ! de>
Date:       2003-09-01 12:05:22

Hi,

thanks for the info. I haven't had success with 1.9.x and Qt 3.0 either. TJ
needs several new Qt3.1 features. We will update the documentation. AFAIK
Madkiss has provided already new Qt 3.1 packages for Woody.

> Just to let you kbnow that Version 1.9.0 compiles under Debian using KDE
> 3.1.3 with the following configure settings:
>
> ./configure --with-kde-support=yes --with-qt-dir=/usr
> --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3
>
> The only thing which does not work is the manual, because the debian
> docbook utils do not accept underscores in ids although that should be
> possible. To avoid problems i did:
>
> in directory \"doc/en\":
> LIST=ls *.sgml; for file in $LIST; do sed -e\'s/_/-/g\' $file >1.tmp; mv
> 1.tmp $file; done

This is a really ugly workaround. We will soon provide the manuals for
TaskJuggler 2.0 on the web page for those who have problems with the
documentation.

> To run ktjview you have to use:
> export KDEDIRS=/usr/local; ktjview

You should have set the KDEDIRS variable anyhow. Allmost all KDE apps rely on
it.

> One last question:
> Is ist possible to compile taskjuggler statically? (--enable-static does
> not work.)

--enable-static is to generate static libraries, not to link the application
statically. The taskjuggler lib is always linked statically, so
--enable-static has no visible effect. In theory you can link TJ statically
against all libs, but the Makefiles do not support this.

Chris

--
KDE 3.1: Conquer your Enterprise Desktop!  See http://www.kde.org!
GPG Key: 1024D/0500838B  A5FE C051 2AFC 9A14 768A  5125 5829 5750 0500 838B