List:       taskjuggler
Subject:    [taskjuggler] Re: scenario inheritance woes
From:       Markus Luisser <mluisser () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-06 15:30:39

Chris Schlaeger wrote on Thu, 26 October 2006 22:40
> Your example hit a major bug in the scenario handling code. I've fixed that now. \
> Please try the SVN version.

Just tried the svn20061106 - I can confirm the fix. thx a bunch!

Quote:
> Q1: You need to use different project files for that.

Fair enough ;)

Quote:
> Q2: Sorry, we can't support diamant inheritance structures.

No problem but I have a small suggestion to that would probably facilitate the \
starting period for new users:

I like the documentation/tutorial, but it would be nice not only to have a 'bottom \
up' walkthrough of a sample project but also a 'top down' description of the inner \
workings of taskjuggler. AFAICS the scheduling modes (ASAP,...) are for example only \
described somewhere in the property reference toward the end of the documentation - \
so in a way you have to know what you are looking for already. Yet the scheduling is \
one of the major things taskjuggler was written for (I guess). Some birds-view \
description of how the executable calculates a project would be a nicer start.

Quote:
> Thanks a lot for reporting this!

Thanks a lot for repairing this! ;)

Cheers