List:       taskjuggler
Subject:    [taskjuggler] Resource report and hasAssignment(s)
From:       Marco Lohse <mlohse () cs ! uni-sb ! de>
Date:       2006-11-01 15:01:29

I am trying to create an HTML report that shows the total hours worked for a specific \
resource, such as a developer, for a certain time period.

What would be the recommended way of doing so?

First, I tried following:

htmlresourcereport "Resource_Report_October2006.html" {
  headline "Resource Report October 2006"
  columns name, note, start, end, effort { title "effort (hours)" }
  hidetask startsBefore(plan, 2006-10-01) | endsAfter(plan, 2006-11-01)
  hideresource ~isResource(some_developer)
  scenarios plan
  loadunit hours
}

This report is not correct, since it does not include running tasks, e.g. tasks that \
started in October but are not finished by the end of October.

Then, I tried hasAssignment(s), but without success:

I think that there might be a difference between the documentation saying

hasAssignment(ID, DATE, DATE)

    true if the task or resource has actual allocations during the specified time \
interval in the scenario with the specified ID.

and the implementation in TaskJuggler 2.3.0, which only accepts

hasAssignments(DATE, DATE)

Then, I was not able to get any data when using this expression in combination with \
hidetask:

htmlresourcereport "Resource_Report_October2006.html" {
  headline "Resource Report October 2006"
  columns name, note, start, end, effort { title "effort (hours)" }
  hidetask ~hasAssignments(2006-10-01, 2006-11-01)
  hideresource ~isResource(some_developer)
  scenarios plan
  loadunit hours
}

generates an empty report. The same happens when using

  hidetask hasAssignments(2006-10-01, 2006-11-01)

or when using

  hidetask ~isAllocated(plan, 2006-10-01, 2006-11-01)

or

  hidetask isAllocated(plan, 2006-10-01, 2006-11-01)

So, I guess, I am really missing something here, and would be very thankful, if \
someone could provide help. Thank you!