List:       taskjuggler
Subject:    [taskjuggler] Re: Scheduling tasks relative to the end of another task
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-11-21 13:07:30

mschoell wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 04&#58;54
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm looking for the solution of the following constraint.
>
> - Task A must be finished at least 2 Weeks before task B will be finished.

This is known as an end-to-end dependency. TaskJuggler does not support this \
directly. But you can model it with a milestone that follows both tasks and has a 2 \
week gap dependency on the 2nd task.

Quote:
> And another problem:
>
> - Task A must begin [at least / max ] 2 weeks before Task B ends.
> (ie simply a negative gap, which seems not to be possible)
>
> Is it possible to model such dependencies?

You can also model this with an extra milestone that both tasks depend on. The 1st \
task has a 2 week gap in the dependency.

Chris

--
TaskJuggler Developer