List:       taskjuggler
Subject:    [taskjuggler] Problem with task duration
From:       LBroecker <Lars.Broecker () imk ! fraunhofer ! de>
Date:       2005-10-05 15:45:02

Hi!
I am trying to schedule a project, starting on 2005-10-01 and ending on 2008-10-01. I \
expected the duration of the project to read 3y, but the Project Overview says 4.2y \
in the duration column. Why ist that?

Furthermore, there is one task that is going to last the whole duration of the \
project. One resource will work 1/3 of its time on that task. So I would have \
expected the effort column for that task to read 1y, but instead I got 9m. I tried \
fiddling with the loadfactor of the resource, but increasing the load seems to \
increase expended effort in a discrete way, i.e. increasing the load in the interval \
between 0.34 and 0.37 did not change the effort, but increasing it to 0.38 resulted \
in a jump to 1.1y effort.  I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out \
what it is.  Chris, can you help me there?
Regards,
Lars Bröcker