List:       taskjuggler
Subject:    [taskjuggler] changing effort while tracking project
From:       Brian Mcminn <brian.mcminn () amd ! com>
Date:       2005-09-27 22:57:24

It's not clear to me what the relationship is between the effort that I initially \
assign to a task when I'm planning a project and the "time spent" attribute that I \
can give to the task by using the booking attribute.

Specifically, if I initially guess that a task will take two weeks, everything is \
fine if it really takes two weeks.  If it actually gets done earlier, taskjuggler \
will still show it as incomplete unless I do something else (like change the \
effort???).  Likewise, if it really takes longer than two weeks, taskjuggler will \
mark it as complete as soon as it has been worked on for two weeks.

I'd like to keep my initial estimates for the effort intact (since that will give me \
a measure of my own optimism when it comes time to do this again) so I don't want to \
change the baseline estimate.  I could create a derived scenario and change the \
effort in that scenario but that seems like a lot of work.

I'd like something like the "complete" attribute to allow me to say that even though \
I had allotted two weeks to a task and that task has been worked on for one week, the \
task is only 25% done and thus the projection should allocate 3 more weeks to the \
task.  Any way of doing this?

(And thanks for a great program - it's been interesting to watch it get better over \
the past few years!)

   Brian