List:       taskjuggler
Subject:    [taskjuggler] Re: how to make two resources mandatory & persistent for a task?
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-09-27 18:59:40

I agree, it would be nice if TaskJuggler would do this. Unfortunately it is very \
expensive to implement. As a task can have multiple resources assigned there is no \
clear priority sequence I can use to order them. The scheduler would have to do a \
look-ahead for every time slot where it potentially takes away a resource from \
another task. Due to the 'mandatory' flags this is not trivial at all. We sure don't \
want to miss slots due to a potential take-away from other tasks that in the end \
don't take the resource due to other resources not being available. And all this \
happens in the innermost loop of the scheduler, so the performance impact would be \
significant.

I'll think about this again, but I'm afraid that there is no efficient way to do \
this.

Chris

--
TaskJuggler Developer