List:       taskjuggler
Subject:    Re: [taskjuggler] is it possible for tasks to shift when delayed?
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-01-31 17:24:08

On Monday 31 January 2005 09:34, Caspar Terheggen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using TJ v2.0.1.  I have a question.
>
> When a task in a project is delayed(*) it would be nice if this task
> would "shift" towards the future, i.e. that only the portion of the
> task which has finished is to the left of the "today" column in the
> "htmltaskreport" and the yet unfinished part is to the right.  In
> other words: "green" bars in the past, "red" bars in the future.  And
> of course tasks that depend on this delayed task should shift too.
> This way I can see what the impact of the delay is for the project
> as a whole.  A "negative" shift for tasks finished earlier than
> planned/expected would of course be nice to have too.  Is this
> possible?

That's what multiple scenarios are for. You just need to create a second
scenario and add the real values for this 2nd scenario. The FirstProject
example illustrates how to do this. See task gui which has a corrected effort
(40d instead of the planned 35d).

Chris

--
KDE 3.3: Conquer your Enterprise Desktop!  See http://www.kde.org!
GPG Key: 1024D/0500838B  A5FE C051 2AFC 9A14 768A  5125 5829 5750 0500 838B