List:       tarsnap-users
Subject:    To preempt an accounting question...
From:       Colin Percival <cperciva () tarsnap ! com>
Date:       2014-02-01 11:21:56

Hi all,

If 2014 is like 2013, 2012, and 2011, I'm likely to get this question at
least once in the next few days -- so despite it being in the FAQ I'm going
to say it here too.

Q. Why did my daily storage usage cost change when I haven't uploaded or deleted
any data?

A. Tarsnap's storage cost is priced per month, and different months have
different numbers of days.

February, of course, has considerably fewer days than January or December,
with the result that your *daily* storage costs will be going up by about
10% (which is why people always ask this question in the first week of
February).  But your *monthly* storage cost will be the same $0.30 / GB as
always.

--
Colin Percival