List:       taroon-list
Subject:    Re: Installing bugzilla 1.18
From:       Jeffrey Siegal <jbs () quiotix ! com>
Date:       2005-05-26 23:39:13

On May 26, 2005, at 02:29, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 11:45:26AM -0700, Jeffrey Siegal wrote:
>> I've been putting upgrading bugzilla from 1.16 to 1.18 because I don't
>> want to deal with the necessary perl package updates.  Can anyone
>> suggest
>> a better to deal with this other than fighting with CPAN?
>>
>> Also, do the perl packages in RHEL 4 do a better job of satisfying the
>> requirements for bugzilla 1.18?
>
> bugzilla rpms and dependencies for RHEL4 and RHEL3 can be found at
> http://atrpms.net/name/bugzilla/

The problem I have with atrpms, dag, etc. is that going that route
tends to pull in a lot of dependencies, and I need to minimize the
number of non-stock packages.  If there was a bugzilla rpm that was
patched to operate on top of the standard RHEL packages (despite these
not meeting the requirements for stock bugzilla), that would be
perfect, but it doesn't exist (and may be impractical).  At this point
it looks like I'm going to look at deploying bz 1.18 on a RHEL 4
system.  I'll report back after I've tried that.