List:       taroon-beta-list
Subject:    Re: U1 and ISV/HW Vendor certs
From:       "Tom 'spot' Callaway" <tcallawa () redhat ! com>
Date:       2003-12-18 16:38:41

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 07:36, Vanco, Don wrote:
> I suppose much of this is up to the vendors - but how will the release of U1
> affect applications and hardware certified against "RHEL 3 prime"?  I ask
> because both Oracle and HP are due to announce support for RHEL 3 "real soon
> now" - and I'm trying to determine if RH is working with people like this so
> that U1 (and it's ilk) are seen purely as updates rather than a new release
> / re-release and therefore require (re)certification.

RH is definitely working with vendors to ensure that certification
continues through Update levels. In some cases, vendor fixes that were
holding up certification are being included, so it is possible that a
vendor certification could say "Certified on RHEL 3 U1 or higher".

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Sales Engineer || Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader

"The author's mathematical treatment of the conception of purpose is
novel and highly ingenious, but heretical and, so far as the present
social order is concerned, dangerous and potentially subversive. Not to
be published." -- Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World"