List:       taroon-beta-list
Subject:    RE: you're in a maze of twisty passages, all alike
From:       "Kern, Thomas" <Thomas.Kern () hq ! doe ! gov>
Date:       2003-09-25 17:50:41

What I have done to get around the problems of up2date updating up2date in
the middle of doing other updates is to update up2date by itself on one
command and then use up2date to do everything else on a second command. I
don't do it every night, just once a week.

I have been doing this manually, but hope to make it into a cronjob soon. My
problem with automating it is reading the 'script' log of activity. All of
these hash mark activity indicators look fine in real time but make it
difficult to read after the fact. Is there some way to get rid of the
hashmark output without getting rid of all of the activity reporting?

/Thomas Kern
/301-903-2211