List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: weird datefield pop-up position in IE
From:       Bryan Lewis <jbryanlewis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-26 0:00:37

I believe I fixed it, but it was a long time ago.  Apologies if my notes
are no longer relevant.  I patched it in my local source and I've never
gone back to see if the problem was fixed in later versions.

I found that the positioning problem was in the old jscalendar code, and a
patch.
    http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/old/index.html#Kcomment-1262

Looking at my source for calendar.js I find:

Line 89:
  // IE-popup-position patch, one line:
  Calendar.is_ie7up = ( Calendar.is_ie &&
parseFloat(navigator.userAgent.replace(/.*msie ([0-9]+).*/i, "$1" )) >= 7 );

Line 1393:
  // IE-popup-position patch, one line:
        if (Calendar.is_ie && !Calendar.is_ie7up) {

Line 1412:
        // IE-popup-position patch, start:
        var AmountOfYScroll = document.documentElement.scrollTop;
        var HeightOfScreen = document.documentElement.clientHeight;
        var PositionOfElement = p.y;
        var HeightOfCalendar = (h+40);
        if (Calendar.is_ie7up &&
            ( (PositionOfElement - AmountOfYScroll + HeightOfCalendar ) >=
(HeightOfScreen) ) ) {
            var valign = "T";
        } else {
            var valign = opts.substr(0, 1);