List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Please help
From:       Gerald Bauer <gtatale () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-24 14:40:45

Hi all,

For the past few months I've been enthusiastically evangelizing about
Tapestry 5 and how great it is. We were supposed to use it in an upcoming
project however, today there was a serious objection from some of our team
members about the adoption of Tapestry in our company. These guys have
googled extensively about Tapestry and weren't impressed about what they
saw. They presented evidence that Tapestry has a bad track record on
backwards compatibility. They also mentioned that the fact that Tapestry is
a one man project it is too risky to adopt in our company. Also, they claim
Howard has said there wouldn't be any major release of Tapestry in the
future. This could lead to stagnation of innovation in Tapestry. They also
presented evidence from Howard's blog that he has divided attention. He's
doing Cappuccino, Clojure, Grails, etc. and seems to not have focus.

For all these and many other reasons I can't go into, they have decided we
drop the plan to use Tapestry. They have asked us to take a serious look at
Wicket and JSF. I really don't want to develop with JSF. I'm dissapointed.
Any tips from anyone that I could use to convince our team to still go for
Tapestry?

Thanks,

Gerald