List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    invalid redirect to @Secure page from Ajax request
From:       olafos <olafoos () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-03-27 19:57:23

Hi,

I think there's something wrong with the way tapestry handles redirects from
Ajax request.
I'm having the following problem: I have a page, say:

http://localhost/mytapestryapp/resetpassword

with a form that sends an ajax request and the request handler returns a
Link
which leads to my login page annotated with @Secure. The link factory
therefore
creates an absolute link like this:

https://localhost/mytapestryapp/login/confirmpasswordreset

Unfortunately javascript code in tapestry.js uses location.pathname
(which afaik changes only the context path of the location) to set the
redirect address.
The result is that I'm beging redirected to the following page:

http://localhost/https://localhost/mytapestryapp/login/confirmpasswordreset

It works this way on IE and mozilla-based browsers - checked it on Firefox
3.0.7, Epiphany 2.24.3, IE 6.0.
It does however work coerrectly on Opera 9.6 probably because of the
differeces in how location.pathname is handled.

Please help,
Olaf Tomczak