List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    XHTML and form element name attribute
From:       Ian Fieldhouse <ian.fieldhouse () ed ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2009-01-29 10:35:48

When using a form component in my template with the following markup
<t:form t:id="search"/> the rendered html includes a 'name' attribute
for the form element. I'm trying to author my pages in 'XHTML
Strict' (having included the relevant DOCTYPE in my page template) so
the name attribute is not valid. I read on the form component
reference page that:

> Form Ids
> These ids propogate down to the client side as element names and/or
> ids...

I don't suppose anyone can point me in the right direction to some
documentation that shows you how to disable the propagation of the id
to an element name while still preserving the id?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ian

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.