List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Anyone got Jetty-T5-OpenEJB-Hibernate working?
From:       Geoff Callender <geoff.callender.jumpstart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-28 12:42:06

In general, the @EJB annotation is intercepted by EJB containers only,
but I notice some server providers have been extending it to JSF (and
servlets?).

It would be nice to have Tapestry handle the @EJB annotation, too, but
in the meantime, I think a service locator is a pretty painless
alternative.  One nice thing about it is that you can see all the
available interfaces in the one place.

BTW, I didn't like the division of responsibility I had between the
BusinessServicesLocator and its superclass JndiServicesLocator, so
you'll see a new, cleaner, version out in a few days.

Geoff