List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Tapestry 4.1.5 Javaassist and runtime errors!!
From:       "Jesse Kuhnert" <jkuhnert () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-25 16:40:07

I think that Howard may have finally solved this mystery for us in
this JIRA ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2055 .

The summary of which is that it's an issue with how OGNL uses static
class state for certain things (like class resolvers),  which may trip
applications up that attempt to share a single OGNL jar between
multiple applications.   The suggestion of making sure that no ognl
jars are in any shared library area and only within the containing web
application classpath sounds like the best solution to go with for
now.

I do plan on finally doing the big OGNL 3.0 refactor to remove all
static state now that I'm finally being forced in to it because of
these issues,  but I wouldn't expect to see that come out until
release 4.1.7 or so of Tapestry.  (assuming a minor bug-fix release
between now and then)

Let me know if the suggestions in that JIRA ticket solve your issues.
 If they do I can go update appropriate documentation/faq's about the
issue until I've finished with the new OGNL release.

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Pai911 <javamagician@gmail.com> wrote:

> I forgot to mention that I am running "one web app" with two Tapestry
> servlets
>
> each with different path pattern
>
> The dir structure is like this
>
> tapestryadm.application
> tapestryapplication.application
>
> tapestryadm
> --page
> --component
> --hivemodule.xml
>
> tapestryapplication
> --page
> --component
> --hivemodule.xml
>

> Pai911 wrote:
> >
> > Hi! I have a windows 2003 server with tomcat 5.5.12 & BEA JRockit 1.5.0_08
> >
> > The application goes well at the star, but after some time the log
> > complains something like the following messages:
> >

> > org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to add method
> > java.lang.Object get(ognl.OgnlContext, java.lang.Object) to class
> > $ASTNotEq_11842016cff: [source error] no such class: $Info_88
> > at
> > org.apache.tapestry.enhance.ClassFabImpl.addMethod(ClassFabImpl.java:278)
> > at
> > org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.HiveMindExpressionCompiler.compileExpression(HiveMindExpressionCompiler.java:171)
> >  at ognl.OgnlRuntime.compileExpression(OgnlRuntime.java:414)
> > at ognl.Ognl.compileExpression(Ognl.java:141)
> > at
> > org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.ExpressionCacheImpl.parse(ExpressionCacheImpl.java:152)
> >  at
> > org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.ExpressionCacheImpl.getCompiledExpression
> >

> --

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry / OGNL / Dojo team member/developer