List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Tapestry 5 - Custom Component Validation
From:       Michael Courcy <michael.courcy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-31 21:58:11

I'm really not sure that I grasp your need but

given that you declare the component in the template

@Component(id="myAttLabel")
private AttLabel myAttLabel;

public void  onValidate(){
  if(...whatever that could be an error...){
     myAttLabel.setErrorFlag(true);
  }
}

should do the job

But I think the answer of Josh Canfield is better
http://www.nabble.com/Tapestry-5---Custom-Component-Validation-tt15186101.html#a15186101
Because you can track the error within the component