List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Session in ServiceEncoder's?
From:       Kaspar Fischer <fischerk () inf ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       2008-01-21 16:24:24

Hi,

Can I inject the current session into a service encoder?

Doing it with

  <service-point id="myencoder"
interface="org.apache.tapestry.engine.ServiceEncoder">
   <invoke-factory>
    <construct
class="org.myorg.tapestry.myproject.serviceencoders.DBObjectServiceEncod
er">
     <set property="pageName" value="node" />
     <set-object property="loginSession" value="app-
property:loginSession" />
    </construct>
   </invoke-factory>
  </service-point>

in hivemodule.xml does not work: the loginSession is only set once
(to null), when
the service encoder is created.

The need for the session in the service encoder might seem strange,
but I
need it as I need to decide, depending on the object-id encoded in
the URL
and the user currently logged in, what page-class to use to display
the object.

Many thanks,
Kaspar