List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Ajax related trouble
From:       "=?UTF-8?Q?Alp_=C3=87evik?=" <atcevik () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-20 10:37:55

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hi Andreas,

I am using 4.1.3.

The problem I am experiencing with the responsebuilder methods is I cannot
retrieve the MarkupWriter, getWriter within the responsebuilder returns
null. Thought it was something related to the lifecycle of tapestry
rendering and stuff. I didnt get into internals so I gave up trying to get a
handle. I dont know if initialization of a new MArkupwriter should do the
trick, if it does, then there is this problem of acquiring the printwriter,
where do I get it? a new instance is ok there too? (Maybe I should work on
the internals more before asking these questions, these may sound real
silly, but i do hope that I dont need to get all the details of the tapestry
engine in order to trigger some client side function.)

I guess I will be working on 4.1.4 as you suggested, as I also do want the
features of dojo 1.0.

About the documentation, it would be great to include some details about
calling a client side script, which is tough to find out, as I have been
looking into the matter for several hours now but was unable to get the
results yet. I also own the tapestry in action book but still it is tough to
find answers.

Thank you,
Alp