List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    org.apache.tapestry.page-pool-min-idle
From:       Kaspar Fischer <fischerk () inf ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       2008-01-12 1:47:28

Hi there,

My website has, apart from a few seldomly accessed pages, one page,
ArticlePage.html,
which is used for *all* articles in our backend DB. That is, there
are more than 500
different (friendly) URLs

   /app/ArticlePage.html?id=1000
   /app/ArticlePage.html?id=1001

that all use the same page ArticlePage.html.

I am wondering whether I should, in this situation, increase

   org.apache.tapestry.page-pool-min-idle

in my hivemodule.xml? I guess I should set it to the "average" number
of concurrent
users, right?

How would I do this?

<contribution configuration-id="hivemind.FactoryDefaults">
     <default symbol="org.apache.tapestry.page-pool-min-idle"
value="4" />
</contribution>

Or do I have to use something like "InfrastructureOverrides"? The
latter is used to
override the exception settings, see

   http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/developmentguide/
exceptionpages.html